Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A drive in the valley - Gopeng / Kota Bahru area

It rained this morning.When the rain cleared the sky was a little dim but clear. I thought i'd take a drive thru the valley. I headed towards Gopeng but turned off before Gopeng town at the Puspakom area.

I came to this laterite road. Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to come here after a rain. Then i saw this iguana slowly crossing the road. I took this shot thru the windscreen.When i got out of the car for a closer shot it scooted off into the bushes.....I carried on...and saw this guy standing on top of this sand bund looking down to a tractor...with the blue hills in the background it looked like he was standing in the center of the valley...and so was i....
..as i left i saw this view in my rear mirror...red laterite road, muddy steam , a pump that looked like a palong and grass trying hard to grow..and the blue hills in the background...lovely
..these 2 pillars and a nice gate reminded me of the tv series those days called High Chapparal..with the nice fencing i guess that someone is rearing cows or goats......
...any horses around...i saw a land rover under the trees over yonder.....
..driving on i came across these cows relaxing on this quiet road....i had to practise my rallying technique trying to avoid these patches of cow dung.....
...pretty cows all in a row..mooooooo
...a disused mining pond...this one was huge....
..i saw this government college near to the Kota Bahru road. I didn't see a signboard so i don't know its name. I later learnt that the campus is huge and has three canteens....the view from here is very nice....
..same location ..different angle...
..this is looking down to the Kota Bahru-Gopeng road.Those blue hill are just lovely....
..same location...different contrast...a tranquil pond, green treetops , scarred white limestone , blue hills in the background... my valley.

cheers..

No comments: