Sunday, May 13, 2007

Ipoh Garden South Lok Lok.....



Lok lok (dip dip) is that raw food delicacy on sticks which you have to cook it yourself by dipping it in hot boiling water.Then you roll it in peanut sauce or teem cheong sauce and eat it off the stick. yum yum! I have been going to this stall in Ipoh Gdn South on Jln SA Lingam for 10 over years. Usually it is at night for a snack after the evenings happy hour.



There is such a wide variety of foods you will want to try all of them..fish ball, meat balls , fish cake , crab stick, see hum (cockles) , tow foo, sotong, squid, quails egg....so many choices lar.....

Perhaps i'll start with the century egg and ginger as an appetiser.....


..then work the field gradually.......


...ok lets lok lok in the boiling water.........



When you are done try out the sugar cane juice at the adjoining stall. Good also. Actually i would like to eat lok lok here with some wine. I'm sure people will think i am very lunci...maybe one day...


cheers!

3 comments:

Kris said...

man, i miss this stuff!

Unknown said...

Lol!! I would also love to eat it with some beer or wine too! Rest assured,u r not the only one.

S.Y. Lee said...

I used to eat there while waiting for my daughter to finish her tuition class. Before I realise it, I had already spent RM10.